Krasnoyarsk, Russia. On June 17, 2012, the consecration of Holy Family Church in Krasnoyarsk, Siberia was celebrated. The pastor is Fr. Tadeusz Szyjka, CMF.
Following the Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord constructed in 1911, and also used as a concert hall, Holy Family is the second Catholic church in the city of Krasnoyarsk which has a population of one million people. Both churches are served by the Claretian Missionaries. The new church is located in the Solnecni neighborhood on the periphery of the city.
In addition to the people of this parish, faithful from other Russian cities and other invited guests participated in the ceremony of consecration.
The celebration was presided over by Bishop Cyryl Klimowicz, Ordinary of the Diocese of St. Joseph of Irkutsk, and bishops Andrzej Czaja and Andrzej Siemieniewski, Father Krzysztof Gierat, CMF, Provincial Superior of Poland, other Claretians, priests from Russia and Poland, religious sisters, and government representatives. Among them was the new Mayor of Krasnoyarsk, Mr. Edcham Akbu?atow, of the Islamic faith.
The Diocese of St. Jose in Siberia, the largest in the world, covers 10 million square kilometers. In this enormous territory each new church is very important, as well as new vocations. In the parish of the Holy Family, the first priest from Krasnoyarsk, Fr. Andriej Andriejchenko, CMF exercises his ministry, and in the other parish, the other Russian priest, Fr. Maksym Popow, CMF. Together with them seven other Polish Claretians share in the mission.